While researching about this symbol, I learned some interesting facts.
1) The Caduceus is often used to represent medicine, specially in the US.
2) This symbol derives from Hermes or Mercury (the messenger of Greek gods) and is a staff intertwined by two snakes.
3) Greek mythology suggests that Hermes came across two fighting snakes and by throwing his wand at them, they became intertwined and stopped fighting.
4) The head of the staff generally has two wings and shouldn't be mistaken with the wand of Asclepius, God of Medicine, whose staff is wrapped with a single snake and has no wings.
5) Actually, the Caduceus was an ancient astronomical symbol of commerce, but as I said, many people use it to represent medicine, so in this difficult time where many doctors and nurses are working so hard and putting their lives in danger to save others, it would be a nice gesture to give this symbol to any of them as a token of appreciation.
Sterling silver 925